Should you improve your command of English
learn more languages?
Alex talked with Kai, Vernon, Kevin, and myself last month, for the Limpeh Is Foreign Talent V-log series. We had a very interesting, open and unscripted discussion on many topics related to: Singlish, accents, languages, and pronunciation.
- Kai – Linguist, Polyglot, Language Guru (Finland)
- Vernon – Writer, researcher (Singapore)
- Kevin – English Literature Academic
- Rob – IT guru, Engineer, Founder of Eureka Languages (UK)
Enjoy the video below
- Introduction to oral communications in Singapore Schools
- Problems with maintaining proper pronunciation
- Singlish – Peer pressure – A lot of students are influenced by their friends to maintain the Singlish pronunciation, rather than the received Pronunciation (RP).
- What can teachers do? How are out-of-school influences hindering English pronunciation?
- Code-switching – Respect the code in which you are delivering to. Know when to switch.
- Accents and snobbery
- The best English accent to have for global communications.
- Can Angmohs understand Singlish?
- Should we be spending money on improving one’s English or Learning a foreign language?