The Land Of The Lost Consonant
Jumping on the back of this awesome post by mothership.com, we now offer 12 more words 🙂
The original post by Jonathan Lim included some very common words usually mangled by Singaporeans. e.g. Children, Thanks, Government, Girl, Milk, Sorry, Bread, Lavender and Pronunciation.
Recognise your fellow Singaporean in a foreign land
1. How to end a poem [poh-im]
2. I feel like chicken tonight [chick-in]
3. Flower or flour. Homophones or not [flou-er]
4. Are your Prayers being answered? [prair]
5. Banana [buh-NAH-nuh]
6. Women [wim-in]
7. Collecting Cement [si-ment]
8. Liaise [lee-eyz]
9. Motor [moh-ter]
10. Singapore [sing-uh-pore]
11. Encore. One last word please [ong-kor]
12. Market [mahr-kit]
More mispronounced words here
Don't forget Tom-AH-to – Too-MAT-o!
You must log in to post a comment.